COVID-19 Antibody Test
The COVID-19 antibody test is a SARS-CoV-2 serology test that checks COVID-19 IgG antibody levels.
COVID-19 Antibody Test FAQ
What is the COVID-19 antibody test?
Who should get this COVID-19 antibody test?
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19, it has been at least 10 days since your diagnosis, and you want to know if you have IgG antibodies.
- Have not had symptoms and have not had a known exposure to COVID-19 within the last 10 days but want to see if you have IgG antibodies.
- Have had or suspect that you have had COVID-19 but have not experienced any new symptoms in the past 10 days. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and loss of smell or taste.
- Have had or suspect that you have had COVID-19 but have not experienced a fever in the past 3 days.
Who should not get a COVID-19 antibody test?
- Are feeling sick or have had a fever within the last 3 days.
- Are trying to diagnose COVID-19
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 less than 10 days ago.
- Were directly exposed to SARS-CoV-2 in the past 14 days.
- Have a condition that weakens your immune system.
What will a COVID-19 antibody test tell me?
Are there any limitations to COVID-19 antibody tests?
What guidance does the FDA provide regarding COVID-19 antibody testing?
How do I prepare for this COVID-19 blood test?
What type of specimen will I submit?
Do I need to fast to take this test?
How long does it take to get test results?
Please note: The antibody tests and the molecular tests (together referred to as "tests") have not been cleared or approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Accesa Labs does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All users should consult with a medical provider for specific health concerns.
COVID-19 Antibody Test for $129
COVID-19 Blood Test - More Information
When most people are referring to COVID-19 today, they are referring to the pandemic caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus that originated in Wuhan, China. While coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is novel, there are attributes about it that are somewhat understood. COVID-19 is thought to spread between people through respiratory droplets from direct contact or when shared between people approximately six feet apart. Following an infection, symptoms of COVID-19 can appear within two weeks and primarily consist of fever, cough and shortness of breath. Older adults, pregnant women, and people with chronic medical conditions are also thought to be at higher risk.
COVID-19 Antibody Testing
Similar antibody tests, known as titer tests, including the hepatitis B titer, measles titer, mumps titer, rubella titer (collectively tested as the MMR titer), and varicella titer, are used in various clinical situations. Like these tests, this COVID-19 antibody test is performed through a simple blood draw. Once the blood is drawn, the specimen is analyzed to check whether COVID-19 antibodies are detectable in the blood.
COVID-19 Lab Test Near You
To get the COVID-19 Antibody Test, simply request the test online after confirming that you meet the criteria for testing. Assuming that you qualify for testing, you will need to have your blood drawn at a lab location affiliated with Accesa Labs. Your blood specimen will be processed at the lab and your results will be made available to you electronically as soon as they are ready.
COVID-19 Test - FAQ
- A doctor's lab order*
- 24 / 7 order processing
- Access to 1000+ labs
- All lab test fees
- A PDF copy of your test results
- Responsive customer service